Leo Messi And Aguero Full Story

We were at a training camp with the national team. I was with the under-16s and he was with the under-17s preparing for the South American under-20s championship," Sergio Aguero said in an interview with the media in 2020.

"We were all staying together, my age group and his age group. I remember there was a kid there that I'd seen on TV who was at Barcelona.

"We were all sat around the table Garay, Leo, Formica and myself. Leo was opposite me and Garay asks him about some trainers.

Leo says 'I got them from the United States'. So then I start thinking to myself - United States? He was right in front of me, does he play in the US?

"Then I said quietly to him 'what's your name again', and he says 'Leo'. And I said 'No. What's your name?'

"And he said 'Lionel' and laughed. 'And your surname?', 'Messi.'

"The other two looked at me and said 'You don't know who it is?'

That's where we first became friends. After that we trained together and I always remember that incident. We then hit it off and got on really well.

"A lot of people might have taken it the wrong way but not him.

"I was called up the under-20s and we started to room together. It was before the 2005 World Cup and we've roomed together ever since."

Aguero and Messi have scored 41 and 71 goals for the Argentina first team since then.

The pair could reunite at Camp Nou this summer as Sergio remains heavily linked with a move to Barca. Aguero is out of contract at Manchester City at the end of the season and thus is expected to join the Catalans on a free transfer.

"Sergio Aguero would be a perfect fit for Barcelona. Rumours tell me that Barcelona are negotiating with Sergio Aguero to sign him when he leaves Man City at the end of the season," former Blaugrana star Rivaldo writes in his Betfair column.

"He's been magnificent at City and, at 32, I'm sure he will be ready to compete with Barcelona. He still has a lot of football to play and would be a great signing for Barcelona, especially coming for free at a moment when our club is having some issues for financial reasons."

It's been reported that Barca are looking to land Aguero on a free transfer this summer. This term so far, the Argentine recorded four goals and one assist in 18 matches for Man City, as per Transfermarkt. He's missed a big chunk of the season due to injury.

Aguero will leave the Cityzens when his contract runs out at the end of the season.

The 32-year-old remains heavily linked with a move to Barca on a free transfer this summer.

As per reliable Fabrizio Romano, the Catalans are set to decide between Aguero and Memphis Depay in the coming weeks.

0 Comments

Write Us ✍

Hair Growth And Maintenance